Welcome to our school! Our school has approximately 150 students in grade K-8, with one classroom for each grade. It is situated on a very large lot with a great variety of playground equipment: 2 basketball pads, 2 baseball diamonds, a large play structure, two sets of swings and others. Our school has distinctive rooflines and wide hallways and is kept in immaculate condition. Half of our students live in town, and half of them live in the surrounding municipality, thus are bussed to school.
We have a variety of features and programs at our school that make it a wonderful place for learning and growing.
- K-Grade 8 music program, with bell plates featured in grades 7 & 8·
- K-grade 8 physical education program which focuses on a variety of skills and games, using a wide range of equipment.
- Intramural program (sports) for students in grades 5-8 during lunch hours
- Extracurricular sports program (basketball, volleyball, badminton, track and field, cross country running and others)
- Reading Recovery program to assist grade 1 students with literacy development
- Various Student Services supports through Guidance and Resource programs
- Conflict Managers on the playground at recesses
- Active Student Council involving students in grades 5-8
- Recycling program run by volunteers in grade 5-8
- Canteen program daily at lunch, featuring two hot lunch choices and other healthy items
- Healthy snack eaten in the classroom in the morning
- Code of Conduct focusing on RESPECT, SAFETY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Community Parent Advisory Council meets every two months (minutes on the website)
- Positive home-school communication through agendas and communication books
- Monthly newsletters
- Special activities throughout the year: Welcome Back Night, Terry Fox Run, skating, assemblies, visiting with seniors, field trips, book fairs and many others
If you have any questions, please contact us!
Mr. Chris Fisher
106 Burrows Ave. East
Gilbert Plains, MB R0L 0X0